12.05.2009

Daniel's Tip #1, Redken Clear Moisture Moist Ends Leave-In

Seriously. The long names of the products. And 5 tips today? RCMMEL-I isn't as fun of an acronym as SSHHUHG (which is fun to pronounce out-loud. Try it. You know you want to.)

When I think of leave-in treatment I think of simplicity and multi-tasking. When it comes to luscious, luxurious and simple hair I think Katherine Heigl.

So here's my first tip for fabulous easy, breasy Katherine Heigl-esque hair. Yes, this is a leave-in conditioner, so this may be a "no duh" moment for some of you readers, but go with me here.

Put it in towel-dried hair, leave it in, walk away.

Your hair is beautiful the way it is. Why is it beach hair always looks so sexy? okay, well, it's partially the salt water, but it's also because you don't care! There's something incredibly hot and confident about a woman who's got more on her plate and things to do that sit and be perfectly coiffed. Sure, there's a time and a place each look, but you can totally rock the "I am so amazing and fabulous I don't even have to try" look. And it's a great treat for your hair, letting it air dry, take on a natural texture and go about more important things in your day.

The only real advice I have is avoid the roots. Your scalp does its own leave-in treatment daily and it's called sebum, so you don't have to worry about it. Focus on the ends, rub the product up the hair shaft and use fingers to toss the hair. Then go cure cancer. Or do the laundry, love on your kids, enjoy your day. You're so fabulous, how could you not?!

(p.s. I wanted to find a paparazzi shot for this one, and what better than girl getting off of a plane with a box of Nicoderm CQ with a red bow on it... you know you're asking Santa for that one, too, aren't you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment